Saturday, January 8, 2011

Schematic Designs

Hi all! I have attached the schematic designs to both the first floor and the second floor of the house. As you can see, we actually have two houses (a "big" house and a casita) sort of fused together by a vestibule and mudroom. The plan is for the "big" house to have community eating and living space downstairs. The downstairs bedroom and bath will be Marguerite's. Karin and I will have the upstairs bedroom and bath...and my office will be up there too (did I mention that I will be working in my current job but as a telecommuter! :)) Kris' casita has her bedroom and bath upstairs and her living area and kitchen downstairs. Our architect Leslie did a wonderful job of structuring comfortable common space, while also ensuring we all have adequate private space...inside and outside!






The garage is really a "bike barn." we are planning a half loft upstairs where Karen's bike fit studio will be. Let us know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! Quite the casa--can't wait to visit! You'll be the awesome aunties with the sweetest sustainable compound in all the Southwest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Thanks for sharing--can't wait to see more. I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete